Starting out - Rice bubble slice

Countless cookbooks, recipes pulled from magazines, or acquired from friends while historically these are what I have cooked from or flicked through, in the past year they have ended up by being replaced by Pinterest just because of the ease of searching.  Yet I don't want to lose these treasures I have built up over the past 40 years so I thought if I blogged recipes and links to my books I might just be able to manage the best of both worlds so here goes.



Rice Bubble Slice



160g butter
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons honey
8 cups rice bubbles
1 cup chopped nuts


Place butter, sugar and honey in large pyrex jug and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir, and microwave again until just golden checking every minute.  Fold in rice bubbles and nuts.  Press into paper muffin/cupcake liners or into slice tin.  Top with decoration if desired. If making slice cut into pieces when just cool.

Source: NZ Woman's Weekly










Comments

Popular Posts